Witten/Herdecke University

    Registration / Registrar’s Office at Witten/Herdecke University

    Office hours

    Monday - Thursday 08:00 am - 14:00 pm
    Friday 08:00 am - 12:00 pm


    Rooms: E127 and E129, section G


    We are available by phone Monday to Friday from 9-11am.


    For questions concerning general registration procedures, please contact the Registrar’s Office:

    Phone: +49 (0)2302 / 926-405
    Fax: +49 (0)2302 / 926-412


    Private Universität Witten/Herdecke gGmbH
    Studierendensekretariat (Registrar’s Office)
    Alfred-Herrhausen-Str. 50
    58448 Witten


    If you have any questions regarding the tuition fees, please get in touch with the StudierendenGesellschaft:

    either by email
    or call +49 (0)2302 / 926-402.


    Technical Problems?

    Please contact our IT department (BIT) by email.



    Submission of registration documents:

    Summer semester  from 1 January to 28/29 February
    Winter semester from 1 July to 31 August

    If you have received the admission to study at UW/H after the deadlines mentioned above, the following deadlines apply to the submission of the registration documents:

    Summer semester  from 28/29 February within 7 days of having accepted the place to study
    Winter semester from 31 August within 7 days of having accepted the place to study


    Submission of registration documents:

    Please send us your registration documents by post. It is also possible to submit the documents to the Registrar’s Office during opening hours.

    Alternatively, you may:
    1) leave the documents with the information point (in the entrance area behind the revolving door to your right) or
    2) put the documents into the blue letterbox at the main entrance.

    Information on missing documents:

    You may check whether your registration documents are complete by viewing your document check list.

    Information on authentication of documents:

    We only recognise copies of documents authenticated by municipal authorities (e.g. local citizens’ offices), courts and notaries as well as churches organised under public law. Any other form of authentication will not be recognised. As we only accept authenticated copies, please do not send any originals!

    Lateral entry, double degree studies, dual registration:

    If you intend to change over to UW/H from another university (lateral entry), pursue double degree studies or get registered at UW/H in addition to your home university (dual registration), please inform us about your plans by email as we need further documents from you in any of these cases.


    Summer semester from early March until mid-April
    Winter semester from early September until mid-October

    Registration procedures:
    After we have received all the documents we need and the mode of tuition fee payment has been agreed, we will enrol you in your degree programme and you will receive your new access data as well as all pertinent information by post. If you plan to use the SmartCard and the Germany Semester Ticket and want to view and register for classes early on, we recommend submitting the required registration documents as early as possible.

    Questions and queries

    For questions and queries about the following issues, please turn to the contact listed:

    Social welfare contribution & Germany Semester Ticket Hochschulwerk
    Phone: +49 (0)2302/926-840
    Health certificate

    UW/H occupational physician

    Only by email to betriebsarzt@uni-wh.de

    Tuition fees   StudierendenGesellschaft
    Phone: +49 (0)2302/926-402
    Excursions or similar events   Relevant application office or faculty/school
    Internship    Relevant application office or faculty/school
    Range of courses (selection, deadlines, etc.) Relevant faculty or school


    Further information:

    Re-Registration, Deferment, Exmatriculation
    Which deadline must be met for submitting the documents?
    What do I have to do when I receive messages concerning the health certificate, such as “the health certificate has not yet arrived”?
    I have questions concerning the social welfare contribution and/or Germany Semester Ticket.
    Are there any first-year student events?
    I have questions concerning the internship.
    I have questions concerning the selection of courses.
    Questions on financial contribution
    How do I get the information I need to register?
    Did all my documents arrive?
    How do I proceed from application to registration?
    Until when do I have to remove the lock flags?
    I am a long-term student/student exceeding the standard period of study: How quickly do I have to make an appointment?
    What is a 'study schedule'?
    I plan to graduate in the current semester. Do I still have to re-register?
    I have been denied permission to access the system.
    Lock flags: What can I do? What is it about?
    I am a doctoral student. Do I have to re-register?
    I was/am abroad. How shall I re-register?
    I would like to apply for deferment for the next semester. What do I have to do?

    Die Universität Witten/Herdecke ist durch das NRW-Wissenschaftsministerium staatlich anerkannt und wird – sowohl als Institution wie auch für ihre einzelnen Studiengänge – regelmäßig akkreditiert durch: